This masterclass will focus on Python as a programming language. You’ll get a basic overview of it’s functionality and workflow. Throughout the course, we’ll direct the focus more specifically towards it’s use within the world of the ‘Internet of Things’, where you’ll learn how to connect different technologies via the internet through different communication protocols.
1. Libraries: You will learn how to use the basics of Python and how to install freely available libraries. You will then learn how to use this knowledge to make an LED blink on an Arduino when you receive an email and experiment with connecting to other systems via free Python libraries.
2. Internet and Sockets: You will learn how different programs can talk to each other over Wifi and over the internet, via two protocols TCP and UDP, how to create a minimalist web server in Python and implement a system for discovering other participants applications.
3. Messaging: Connecting many systems together can be challenging. This course will focus on approaches for message passing between different systems via message queues, brokers, exchanges and pub-sub.
4. Connecting: This lesson will be more a workshop, during which we will assist you to create a system of your choice (or from a list of suggestions), mixing all the knowledge you acquired during the previous lessons.
This course is for:
Developer (= Intermediate). This course requires some knowledge of basic programming and preferably HTML.
Please bring your laptop with Python 3.5 and pip installed. If you experience difficulties in installing the software, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will guide you through the process.
Hugo Herter (Who’s this?)
Full weekend Python masterclass : Sat 15 & Sun 16 of April 2017 (10h-17h)
Full weekend Python masterclass:
* 175€ (for employed and/or financially healthy people)
* 125€ (for financially insecured: students, job seekers,…)
For this reduction to apply, please provide a document to sustain your status (student card, unemployment document,…)
° 25-100%: for friends, groups or organisations
° 40-100%: for AV & Performing Arts Professionals
° Early birds who sign up for a course until 1 month in advance, will receive a discount of 10% on the total amount.
° If you register along with a friend/colleague, the second person will receive a discount of 50%.
GLUON Art-Tech Hub
For questions and more information, please contact: email@example.com
Sign up for this course: