The innovative design & development of Microsofts’ motion-sensing KINECT device (originally developed for home-gaming experiences) enabled the possibilities of depth sensors within academic, creative or R&D contexts. How can such a superficial gaming device become a highly advanced tool for motion detection and be integrated into high-end professional applications, like security, motion capturing, live-interactions, exhibitions etc?
In which way can we further your practice?
– Getting to know the technical & theoretical foundations and limitations of contemporary motion sensors
– Explore & develop creative applications with motion-sensing
– Integrate motion-sensing devices in popular frameworks and programs
– Implement the knowledge in product presentation, live-event, prototyping, art or environmental contexts
– Pioneer the market with high-end face-replacement, motion tracking or interactive gaming technologies
– Upgrade to top-level security solutions
We train or advice on the following matters:
– Introduction to 3D Cameras
– Kinect capabilities – examples of video, depth, infrared, point clouds, skeleton tracking, face recognition, speech recognition
– Examples of works made with Kinect
– Overview of different versions (V1, V2) and other depth cams
– Overview of existing Kinect tools such as Kinect Studio (MS), Brekel tools, Z-Vector, …
– Creating projects in Max MSP, VVVV, C++, Processing, OpenFrameworks and Unity
– Evaluating potential Kinect based project concepts
– Kinect Motion Tracking – locating objects in space
– Kinect Point Clouds – the stuff Kinect data is made of
– Kinect and the Body – driving projections through body movements
– Kinect-Projector Calibration – how to align a Kinect with a video projector
– Kinect and the Face – face tracking, smile detection and other features
– Kinect Avateering – Controlling 3D models with movement
We co-create innovative projects.
For info regarding this specific training/service, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org